Research has shown that it is not only big business that is prone to the most cyberattacks, small and medium-sized enterprises are just as vulnerable and, in many ways, more so. Cybersecurity for small and medium businesses is a priority and should be treated as such because Cybersecurity attacks can destroy Small and Medium Enterprises.
What makes Small and Medium Enterprises, SMEs Cybersecurity vulnerable?
- Some Small and Medium Enterprises are vulnerable because they don’t accept there is a pressing need to be proactive.
- Small and medium businesses are often seen as an easy way of getting at a bigger target. This is because most Small and Medium Enterprises hold information about bigger companies that hackers need to attack these companies.
- Small and Medium Enterprises often keep quiet if there’s a security breach because they are anxious to avoid the public start on their businesses that could lead potential customers away which is bad for their sales.
Examples of Cyberattacks
- Insecure direct references
- Malicious threats
- Exposure of sensitive data
- Misconfiguration of security
- Broken authentication
- Using vulnerable components
- Scripting of cross site